CHARACTER & LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
Programs in Character and Leadership Development empower youth to support and influence their Club and community, sustain meaningful relationships with others, develop a positive self-image, participate in the democratic process and respect their own and others’ cultural identities.
* Torch Club - Torch Clubs are chartered, small-group leadership and service clubs for boys and girls ages 11 to 13. A Torch Club is a powerful vehicle that helps Club staff meet the special character development needs of younger adolescents at a critical stage in their life.
* Keystone - Keystoning is the Boys & Girls Club Movement’s most dynamic teen program. It affords teens an opportunity to gain valuable leadership and service experience. Teens conduct activities in four areas: academic success, career exploration, community service, and teen outreach. Aaron's Inc. sponsors the Keystone Club program as part of a multi-year teen initiative; a strategic partnership between Aaron's Inc. and BGCA provides Clubs with the tools and resources to create a positive place for teens as well as for kids.
* Youth of the Month
* Youth of the Year - Since 1947, Youth of the Year has been Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s premier recognition program. It is our signature effort to foster a new generation of leaders, fully prepared to live and lead in a diverse, global and integrated world economy.
Education & Career Development
Programs in Education and Career Development enable youth to become proficient in basic educational disciplines, apply learning to everyday situations and embrace technology to achieve success in a career.
* Power Hour -Power Hour: Making Minutes Count provides Club professionals with the strategies, activities, resources and information to create an engaging homework help and tutoring program that encourages Club members of every age to become self-directed learners.
* STEM - STEM is a hands-on, activity-based STEM curriculum which connects youth to science themes they encounter regularly.
* Junior Staff - Junior Staff is a small-group program that is both practical and user friendly. It assists Club members ages 13 to 18 in exploring a career in youth or human services, particularly Boys & Girls Club work.
Health & Life Skills
Programs in Health and Life Skills develop young people’s capacity to engage in positive behaviors that nurture their own well-being, set personal goals and live successfully as self-sufficient adults.
* Healthy Habits -Healthy Habits emphasizes good nutrition, regular physical activity and improved overall well-being.
* Smart Girls
* Passport to Manhood (Call to Greatness)-Passport to Manhood teaches responsibility to boys ages 11 to 14 with sessions that focus on a specific aspect of character and manhood through highly interactive activities.
* Money Matters -Money Matters promotes financial responsibility and independence among Club members ages 13 to 18. Participants learn how to manage a checking account, create a budget, save and invest, start small businesses and pay for college.
Programs in The Arts enable youth to develop their creativity and cultural awareness through knowledge and appreciation of the visual arts, crafts, performing arts and creative writing.
* National Photography Program - The National Photography Program enables youth to develop their creativity and cultural awareness through the appreciation of photography.
* Imagemakers - ImageMakers is a year-round program that helps Club members ages 6-18 learn the art and science of photography through multiple categories: Culture and Tradition, Portraits, Nature and Surroundings, Fashion and Style, and Editing and Filter. Photographs are displayed at local and regional exhibits around the world.
* MusicMakers Yale Glee Club - MusicMakers inspires young people to produce music, and to create their life’s soundtrack.
Sports, Fitness & Recreation
Programs in Sports, Fitness and Recreation develop fitness, positive use of leisure time, skills for stress management, appreciation for the environment and social skills.
* Triple Play - Triple Play is a comprehensive health and wellness program. It strives to improve the overall health of Club members ages 6-18 by increasing daily physical activity, teaching them about good nutrition and helping them develop healthy relationships.